Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Initial Post

It is the wee hours of the morning and I am putting the finishing touches on the new website that I have been working on for our church. This blog is planned to be connected to that site. It is my hope that the blog will be a helpful way to add fresh content to the website on a regular basis while at the same time providing the opportunity for what has been posted in the past to be archived. I am thankful to my friend, Rev. Scott Cheatham from Denver, Colorado, who took the time to show me how easy it was to start and maintain a blog.

While I am thanking people, I should also thank my brothers from our sister church, Dave Sherman and David Mingus, who encouraged me and guided me through the process of setting up a website for our church. Without their help the new site would not have been possible. It would also be appropriate to thank the members of our church Advisory Board who saw a need for and encouraged this project.

Several months ago our Advisory Board discussed the idea of starting a website for our church. Our hope was that the site would be a conveinent way for our members to remain informed about what was going on at the church, and I am confident that if we keep the site up to date, we will succeed easily at that. From now on our members should always know where they can go for information on church events.

But it is also our hope that this site will help us better reach out to our community. To facilitate this, we have included a lot of information about our church on the site, including our service times, driving directions to our church, and local maps. I was tempted to include much more, but felt that I had to leave something for our guests to come and discover for themselves. Besides, I am not sure that a website, no matter how well designed cn ever fully express how wonderful our congregation is. But it is our hope that this site will help anyone searching for a good church in our area to find our church.

I am convinced that we have a terrific church at Victory, and I am convinced that there are great things in store for us. This new website is just one of the new and exciting things that are planned for the church in the days ahead.

We will be unveiling our new website at our 50th Anniversary Celebration that is planned later this month on March 25th. At that celebration we want to remember and honor or past, of course, but we also want to look forward in anticipation to our future. I am hoping that unveiling the website at the 50th celebration will help to add to that joyous anticipation.

No comments: